Sunday, December 4, 2011

Most Lonely Day


When I was traveling around Europe, I decided to take a trip to Southern Spain by myself, every day I met people from all over the world and had some one to tour around with. However, when I arrived to Cordoba, it was a very lonely day, not many people around. I did not have the pleasure to meet anyone at this town. I stopped here for one main reason, La Mesquita. This place was one of the places I was dying to visit, regardless of having anyone with me. I was walking around the city smoking my cigarettes and taking pictures of this colonial town. Finally i found it, La Mesquita is an amazing place to be at, especially if there is no one around. It worked perfectly; I had it almost all for my self. Walked around look at the red and white striped pillars, it blew my mind. I kept walking appreciating everything around me, the lights, the little chapel, hundreds of beautiful religious paintings and suddenly I found something that for me was incredible. A huge painting of the Virgin Mary, which is very important for us Mexicans. My mom told me before that she wanted me to see her; she thought I could find it in Rome, Italy but I never did. I found it here in this quiet town. Loneliness became a beautiful experience for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment